Molecular Genetics: Transcription & Translation
Practice Test Questions
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Genetic Transcription & Translation Sample Test Qus
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory Cell Biology Course. The Virtual Cell Biology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including Power Point Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated: 8/2013
3. Which is the process of making proteins from the instructions provided in RNA?
a. replication b. translation c. transcription d. cell division
4. The 3 nucleotide group that codes for one amino acid is called...
a. anti-codon b. RNA c. ribonucleic acid d. codon e. primer
5. The process of building protein molecules from the genetic information in an RNA blueprint is called: a. transcription b. replication c. polypeptide d. translation 6. If a nucleic acid contains the bases A-U-G-G-C, it would have to be a molecule of...
b. a complimentary RNA molecule is made based on information in the DNA template
c. protein is made by the coordinated efforts of DNA and RNA
d. the replication bubble unwinds in the antiparallel direction
8. The 'triplet code' is...'
a. a series of 3 nucleotide bases that code for an amino acid
b. a set of three amino acids on a protein
c. a series of genes that code for a specific trait
d. how a woman becomes pregnant with three babies at once
10. If the anticodon contains the base sequence GUC. The base sequence of the original DNA code being translated would be...
a. CAG b. GTC c. CTG d. GUC e. GTC
1. Which type of RNA includes the anticodon and brings the amino acids to the site of protein synthesis?
2. Which nucleotide bases could be found in a molecule of RNA?
a. adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine
b. adenine, guanine, thymine
c. adenine, guanine, cytosine, uracil
d. sugar, phosphate and base