Transcription & Translation
Practice Test Questions
from Science Prof Online
Genetic Transcription & Translation Test Qus
2. Which nucleotide bases could be found in a molecule of RNA?
a. adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine
b. adenine, guanine, thymine
c. adenine, guanine, cytosine, uracil
d. sugar, phosphate and base
3. The 3 nucleotide group that codes for one amino acid is called...
a. anti-codon b. RNA c. ribonucleic acid
d. codon e. primer
4. The process of building protein molecules from the genetic information in an RNA blueprint is called: a. transcription b. replication c. polypeptide d. translation e. amino acids 5. If a nucleic acid contains the bases A-U-G-G-C, it would have to be a molecule of...
a. polypeptide b. RNA c. DNA
1. Which type of RNA includes the anticodon and brings the amino acids to the site of protein synthesis?
Science Prof Online
b. a complimentary RNA molecule is made based on information in the DNA template
c. protein is made by the coordinated efforts of DNA and RNA
d. the replication bubble unwinds in the antiparallel direction
7. The 'triplet code' is...'
a. a series of 3 nucleotide bases that code for an
b. a set of three amino acids on a protein
c. a series of genes that code for a specific trait
d. how a woman becomes pregnant with three babies
9. If the anticodon contains the base sequence GUC. The base sequence of the original DNA code being translated would be...
a. CAG b. GTC c. CTG d. GUC e. GTC